East China Normal University CSC Scholarship is a full scholarship for international students who have excellent academic performance and have been admitted to undergraduate degree programs. This scholarship will provide full support in the form of tuition waiver, monthly allowance, textbooks, airfare etc. The priority will be given to applicants from countries with which East China Normal University (ECNU) has signed agreements or cooperation projects on student exchange program.
This scholarship was established by East China Normal University in 2009 in order to make more efforts in recruiting high-level foreign students. To date, this program has recruited 50 outstanding international students every year since its establishment. All graduates are expected to return home after study and work there for three years. During their study at ECNU, ECNU will provide EF English First Scholarship, double degree scholarship of XJTLU joint program and some other scholarships to the students.
East China Normal University (ECNU) is a comprehensive public research university in Shanghai. The university was formed in 1951 by the combination of the Great China University (founded 1924) and Kwang Hua University. ECNU has 22 school colleges and institutes, located within two cities in Minhang and Putuo. The university comprises 2 affiliated schools across the Shanghai city: NYU Shanghai in Pudong and Asia-Europe Business School in Zizhu International Education Park. It also manages a station for the observing of the national forest ecosystems in Tiantong National Forest Park, Ningbo, Zhejiang.
In the past few years, international exchanges at ECNU has been increasing year by year as well as the number of students coming to study in China. The numbers of foreign teachers studying and working at ECNU is also growing. The university has set up a special person committee to take charge of international affairs and appointed associate professors specializing in international communication and interpretation to work full time on promoting international communication and co-operation. At present, East China Normal University has established “East China Normal University International Education College” (ECNU-IEC), “International Exchange Centre” (IEC) and “International Students’ Attraction & Training Center” (ISATC) in succession so as to further expand its international educational level and facilities.
At present, East China Normal University is recruiting more foreign students who want to study at ECNU. In particular, it is recruiting students from South Korea, Japan and Vietnam in full numbers to facilitate bilateral exchanges and cooperation. The university is receiving more and more students from various countries who want to study at ECNU for short-term or long-term courses including Chinese language courses. It also launches teaching programs such as personality development courses, ethics education courses etc; it invites foreign experts, scholars and teachers to give lectures for its international students and carry out wide range of international cultural activities.
The university has become China’s important window for communication with foreign countries. It not only concentrates on training international culture experts but also develops extensive collaboration among various universities from different countries in East Asia.
East China Normal University Ranking:
Global University Rankings of ECNU: 2021 QS World University Ranking: 501–510th globally. 2021 Academic Ranking of World Universities: 301–400th globally.
East China Normal University CSC Scholarship:-
East China Normal University CSC Scholarship Eligibility:-
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants who apply for master’s program should have bachelor degree and be under 35 years old .
- Applicants who apply for doctoral program should have master degree and be under 40 years old.
East China Normal University CSC Scholarship Coverage:-
- Exempt from tuition fee and accommodation on campus.
- Stipend: PH.D 3500 RMB/month; Master 3000RMB/month.
NOTE:- Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
- Provide comprehensive medical insurance. (Please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina and refer to Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China for an insurance policy.)
East China Normal University CSC Scholarship Application Procedure:-
Please read CSC students’ administrative regulations at http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/msg.php?id=34 before the application.
Step 1:Apply Online
- Apply on ECNU website and pay the application fee: http://lxsapply.ecnu.edu.cn/
- Apply on CSC website
(1)Click “Application online” at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login, and begin from “Create an account”;
(2) Read the Instructions carefully. The program category should be Type B, and agency number of ECNU is 10269;
(3) Save and upload the required documents. Click the SUBMIT to generate the application form, which should be downloaded and printed out.
Step 2: Mail Application Documents in Hard Copies
After submit the online application, download and print out the application form. Mail one set of hardcopy of application documents (original transcript and photocopies of other documents) to the following address:
Global Education Center, East China Normal University
ADD: Room 253, Physics Building, 3663 North Zhongshan Rd, Shanghai, China
East China Normal University CSC Scholarship Required Documents:
- Application form（Please fill in the form at lxsapply.ecnu.edu.cn and Chinese Government Scholarship Website）
- For Master’s Program: Certificate of Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma and For Ph.D. Program: Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree Certificates and Diploma. Graduating students should provide a certificate of impending graduation with the estimated graduation time on it from their current academic institution. In this case, the degree certificate must be submitted before August 31, 2022.
- For Master’s Program: Official Academic Transcript.For Ph.D. Program: Official Academic Transcript of both graduate and undergraduate studies. (* The original copy of 2 & 3 must be in Chinese or English with official stamps. If it’s not, please also enclose a notarized and translated version in Chinese or in English.)
- Language proficiency certificate
For Chinese-taught programs: HSK-5 ≥ 210 (Applicants for Chinese-taught majors but without qualified Chinese Language skill is required to take the remedial Chinese language course for 1-2 year before the academic study.) Applicants who complete their undergraduate or master’s studies in Chinese must provide a certificate issued by the university they graduated from. After obtaining the permission of the applied school/department, they can be exempted from submitting the HSK score certificate.
For English taught program: TOEFL ≥80; IELTS ≥6.0 or other equivalent English proficiency certificate is required.
A study or research plan
For Master’s Program: no less than 800 words
For Ph.D. Program: no less than 1500 words
The written language should align with the instruction language of the program that you apply to.
6. Two Recommendation letters from scholars who hold the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. (For Ph.D. program applicants, please use the template. )
The issue date of the recommendation letter should be later than September 1st, 2020. In the recommendation letter, the following information MUST be included: title of the recommender, place of work, contact phone number and email address.
7. For Master’s Program: ABSTRACT of Undergraduate thesis (If you have it, please submit it.)
For Ph.D. Program: Your theses published, patents, or your other research achievements during your graduate study; the abstract of your Master’s degree thesis instead of the full text.
8. Applicants for art-related majors should submit your portfolio
9. Photocopy of the health certificate and blood test. Bring your original documents when entering China. The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
10. Photocopy of Passport (Including personal information page and Chinese visa pages if you have been in China.)
11. Award certificates.
12. Application fee: 800RMB(paid online)
13. Non-criminal Certificate(notarized photocopy in English or Chinese).
Note :All the above documents should be sent in One set (orginal transcript and photocopies of other documents) to the Global Education Center of East China Normal University before the application deadline. Application documents sent by fax or email will not be accepted.
Incomplete application documents will not be accepted, and application documents should be submitted at ONE time.
The applications documents and application fee will not be returned no matter you are accepted or not.
If you have received a bachelor degree from an English taught program in an English-speaking country, please provide the official proof issued by the school which states that the program you have studied in is taught in English. If English is your first language, no need to hand in English Certificate.
Step 3: Track Application Status Online
1. Pay attention to your email box or login in your ECNU online application account to check your application status.
2. Make sure your email address is correct and check your email box occasionally, otherwise you might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION, eg. the arrangement of interview etc.
Step 4: Admission and University Enrollment
1. The result of your application will be announced both in your application account and on the bulletin of Global Education Center website.
2. Admitted students must bring the original graduation certificate and diploma to register on the dates listed on the admission letter. Your enrollment will be canceled without providing the relevant certificates.
East China Normal University Contact information:
Master Program: ZHU Xinnan (Cassie) email@example.com
Ph.D. Program: YIN Ying firstname.lastname@example.org
ADD: Global Education Center of ECNU
Room 253, Physics building, 3663 Zhongshan North Road,200062
TEL: +86-21- 6223 2013/ 6223 8353
East China Normal University CSC Scholarship Application Deadline:-
All the documents should arrive at Global Education Center before March 31st. Please check the specific deadline of each year.